Training for specifiers
Training: LED driver technology for lighting specifiers
Lighting technology is challenging, particularly when it comes to LED drivers. That's why eldoLED offers training tailored to lighting designers, architects and other lighting specifiers, covering everything you need to know about driver technology and what it can do for you. This course is delivered by Gé Hulsmans, our Director Specifier Service.
What you'll get
- An introduction to the basic electrical characteristics of an LED
- How to dim LEDs smoothly all the way to dark (0.1%)
- Why traditional PWM dimming doesn't cut it
- Understanding flicker - including invisible flicker
- How to specify "flicker-free" light
- Using lin and log dimming curves to achieve the best possible dimming
- What about (HD)camera compatibility?
- Compatibility of LED drivers with LED modules and LED strips
- Understanding constant current and constant voltage
- Compatibility of LED drivers with controllers
- When to specify which lighting protocol control system (DALI, 0-10V/1-10V, DMX, DMX/RDM)...
- Compatibility with wireless control solutions such as Bluetooth Low Energy (Casambi)
You'll leave with a solid practical understanding of LED driver technology and how to get Quality of Light with it.
If you feel that you or a colleague would benefit from this training, please send an email to email@example.com. Gé will get in touch to discuss the options. We offer this training to specifiers around the world. Face-to-face training formats are available, depending on locations and availability.
|About the trainer
Gé Hulsmans has delivered training for lighting design firms all over Europe, Asia Pacific and the US. He also regularly trains groups of Masters students in lighting design at a number of universities, including the Universidad Politécnica de Catalunya in Barcelona (José María Deza), Parsons New School of Design in New York City (Prof. Derek Porter / Nelson Jenkins), Aalborg University in Copenhagen (Prof. Ellen Katherine Hansen), KTH royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm (Rodrigo Muro) and Hochschule Wismar in Germany (Prof. Michael Rohde).
Visit our Learning center for helpful white papers on flicker, dimming curves, calculating the number of LEDs and more.