Acuity Brands Triumphs with 7 2014 Product Innovation Awards
Award-winning Acuity Brands LED and OLED products designed for indoor applications are among the industry's most innovative solid-state lighting products.
ATLANTA - February 18, 2014 - Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) announced today that it has received seven product awards from Architectural SSL magazine's 2014 Product Innovation Awards (PIA). The products selected reflect the continued industry-leading evolution of the Acuity Brands portfolio with distinctions in LED luminaire, OLED luminaire and LED driver categories for indoor applications.
"Acuity Brands is dedicated to the design and engineering of lighting solutions - not just luminaires, but integrated lighting systems - that create inspired visual environments while minimizing energy usage," said Rick Earlywine, Senior Vice President of Innovation and Technology at Acuity Brands Lighting. "These awards recognize our achievements, and affirm our leadership as a driving force in the evolution of the lighting industry."
The awards represent a peer-recognized selection of quality LED and OLED lighting products. The innovative and significant new Acuity Brands products selected as PIA winners include:
- 30W SOLOdrive® LED driver from eldoLED®: A constant current LED driver for general white LED lighting applications, the SOLOdrive LED driver offers smooth dimming down to zero as well as programmability and easy extension of its standard feature set. For more information, please visit www.eldoled.com/solodrive
- Phuzion™ LED high bay from Holophane®: Taking high-bay lighting to new levels of lumen output and temperature tolerance, the Phuzion LED high bay is ideal for heavy industrial and light manufacturing spaces. Controlled indoor environments such as gymnasiums benefit from its high vertical lighting levels.
- Breez™ Series Recessed LED luminaire from Lithonia Lighting®: A new class of recessed architectural lighting featuring a graceful gull-wing reflector design and highly-reflective optical system that creates a fully indirect, volumetric LED luminaire that complements today's modern architectural ceilings.
- Bruno® LED luminaire from Peerless®: Available in suspended and wall mount models and distributions ranging from 70% indirect/30% direct to 100% direct, Bruno LED luminaires offer energy-saving efficiency up to 116 lm/W and comfortable, high-quality illumination from a simple, low-profile rectangular form.
- Vellum™ LED luminaire from Peerless®: Vellum LED combines simple, yet sophisticated design with practical efficiency to produce extraordinary illumination. Featuring a low-profile housing that encases a thin, edge-lit lens, Vellum luminaires suspend with discreet style from ceilings in offices, retail spaces, academic institutions as well as hospitality and healthcare settings.
- Lumen Being™ OLED luminaire from Acuity OLED: Cited as "Best New Product Using OLED", the Lumen Being OLED luminaire allows users to set and adjust a variable brightness gradient using gestural controls. A simple wave of the hand adjusts the brightness, as well as how the luminaire distributes light to the task or ambient environment. The Lumen Being OLED luminaire is planned to be available commercially in the fall of 2014.
- Modelo™ OLED luminaire from Acuity OLED: Cited as "Most Unique Product", the Modelo OLED luminaire consists of square and rectangular panels that enable building of personalized ceiling and wall luminaires. Configurations include straight, curved, round, oval and square patterns. The Modelo OLED luminaire is planned to be available commercially in the fall of 2014.
eldoLED develops, produces and markets high-performance dimmable LED drivers for general white and full color RGBW/A LED lighting applications. eldoLED standard products include 0-10V/DALI/DMX/RDM compatible drivers renowned for their excellent dimming, user configurability and efficiency. Customized and design-in solutions are available on request.
← Go back to overview