eldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacture of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world.
eldoLED is part of Acuity Brands Inc. a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. With fiscal year 2018 net sales of over $3.7 billion, Acuity Brands employs approximately 12,000 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia.
The OEM Solutions department is responsible for the branding, positioning and promoting the eldoLED product portfolio as a differentiated solution to OEM fixture manufacturers, lighting designers/specifiers as well as within the broader Acuity Brands organization.
As the world of lighting turns to smart lighting and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications, the driver is the heart of this technology revolution in the industry. The role of the OEM Technical Writer is needed in this transition to improve our customer-oriented service level, by driving the "answer ones, service many" strategy and make product and feature documentation simple, reliable and updated.
By working closely together with the technical sales team and our customers, you will get all input to improve the level of support and implement in our product documentation framework. We are looking for a candidate that loves to work in this challenging environment. You will report to the Director OEM Solutions.
- Support in creating and improving the eldoLED online technical knowledge base, customer-oriented, and standardize content across platforms and media to drive a consistent messaging and level of support towards our customers.
- Organize and write supporting content for products and features, like datasheets, specification submittals, design-in guides, user-manuals, installation instructions, wiring diagrams, white papers, blogs, videos etc. This will include defining best practices and baseline formats for partner departments to reference and follow in supporting this effort.
- Use photographs, videos, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding, and work together with our creative partners to develop the content which fits in the eldoLED identity.
- Select the appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos and execute together with the OEM MarCom Manager.
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency and strong follow-up skills
- Self-driven & self-motivated
- Positive, passionate, energetic
- Structured way of working
- Bachelor Electronics or equivalent
- Proven track record of at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a technology environment
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- We are looking for somebody with a lot of energy, who has an enthusiastic personality and who likes to work in a very demanding and dynamic organization.
Preferred knowledge & experience:
- Knowledge of LED lighting (color rendering, lighting quality), LED drivers and control systems
- Experience with product data management tool Schema ST4
How to apply for this vacancy?
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and convince us of YOUR drive.