Sr / Lead Firmware Development Engineer
eldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacture of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world.
eldoLED is part of Acuity Brands Inc. a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. With fiscal year 2018 net sales of over $3.7 billion, Acuity Brands employs approximately 12,000 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia.
You will be part of an international team that develops LED drivers and LED driver peripherals. You will be reporting to the eldoLED Engineering manager.
Jointly with the Technology Driver Firmware team you will participate in specifying, developing, and maintaining firmware related to e.g. a comprehensive tooling chain. The extensive and complex tool chain interfaces with firmware building blocks that relate to power conversion, voltage and current modulation, communication protocols (DMX/RDM, DALI, Bluetooth, LEDcode), sensors, battery backup systems, color tuning, etc. and this requires knowledge and expertise buildup in these areas. The tool chain is mission critical to factory (Mars test systems), service, customer configuration and setting.
- Firmware, written in C/Assembly (mostly Microchip)
- Test scripting (Python/Labview)
- Development, extension and maintenance of tool chain software and firmware building blocks interfacing
to the driver building blocks
- Close interaction with the Technology's Firmware team and Test, Hardware, and Software teams, as well as
other parts of the company (USA and Mexico mostly, e.g. factory)
- Build up expertise and hands-on knowledge on application and system level of tool chain, driver and
- Take ownership to lead analysis of problems and proposed solutions
- Be a voice of firmware in New Product Development and Sustaining projects
- Initiate process improvements
- Minimum of a bachelor's or master's degree (HBO) in computer science or electrical engineering,
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Embedded C and (limited) Assembly for real-time and complex state machines
- Affinity with (power) electronics and/or (LED) lighting, and use of lab equipment
- Preferred experience with Microchip processors
- Preferred experience with Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience with modern software build environments
(e.g. versioning systems, regression test suites, automated builds)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Pro-active, self-learner, flexible attitude and a results-oriented team player that takes responsibility
How to apply for this vacancy?
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and convince us of YOUR drive.