eldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacturer of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world.
eldoLED is part of Acuity Brands Inc. a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. With fiscal year 2018 net sales of over $3.7 billion, Acuity Brands employs approximately 12,000 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia.
As the world of lighting turns to smart lighting and IoT applications, the driver is the heart of this technology revolution in the industry. New product development, sustaining of the continuously growing product portfolio and securing the leadership position with the creation of new technology are the three main challenges the development team faces. We are looking for a Software Developer that loves to work in this challenging environment.
As a company, eldoLED provides an environment where people do matter. We closely work together in problem solving and mutual learning and stimulate peer reviews. We regularly offer social events that colleagues can attend.
The software team is rapidly upgrading and modernizing eldoLED's current set of software tools.
You will be part of the scrum team that designs, implements and maintains this software suite.
The suite consists of two web apps and two desktop apps. At the basis of our desktop tooling is a background application that can program all the LED driver
hardware developed by eldoLED. It consists of a (C++) server exposing a JSON RPC API which is
used by several clients including the (C++) GUI.
We are replacing the GUI by a web-based front-end app (Angular). By adding this application to the
existing set of two Angular apps and by integrating their code bases and UIs, a professional suite of
tools is emerging that both appeals to our internal and external customers and enables the development
team to rapidly develop and deploy features.
You will be part of a growing team (4-5p) with many overlapping responsibilities and varied tasks.
There is a great amount of flexibility and freedom and since you will be part of a small team, your contribution will make a real difference!
- Design, develop and maintain new features with factory grade robustness in C++ and Angular, with an ever-increasing emphasis on Angular
- Analyze and solve field issues
- Gain ownership of certain software components
- Participate in Agile activities like Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning
- Increase quality by designing for test and increasing test coverage
- Minimum of a bachelors degree (HBO) in computer science
- Minimum of 2 years of C++ experience
- Basic knowledge of web-based development (HTML, CSS)
- Preferred knowledge of modern web-based software development
(Angular, ReactJS, ...) and eagerness to learn and develop using these techniques
- Preferred experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, CosmosDB, ...)
- Preferred experience with modern software build evironments (e.g. versioning systems, regression test suites, automated builds)
How to apply for this vacancy?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and convince us of YOUR drive.