Senior Firmware Test Engineer
Company profileeldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacture of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker, and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world. eldoLED is part of Acuity Brands Inc, a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions.
As the world of lighting turns to smart lighting and IoT applications, the driver is the heart of this technology revolution in the industry. New product development, sustaining of the continuously growing product portfolio and secure the leadership position with the creation of new technology are the three main challenges the development team faces. We are looking for a Hardware engineer that loves to work in this challenging environment.
As a company, eldoLED provides an environment where people do matter. We closely work together in problem solving and mutual learning and stimulate peer reviews. We regularly offer social events that colleagues can attend.
You will be responsible for the test-specification, -design, -development and testing of firmware in combination with hardware. The primary function is the development of FW tests and testing of new technologies for lighting applications. These technologies are LED drivers, LEDcode Symbiosis devices, IoT and other electronic controls for lighting systems.
Our business system is based on the lean principles. As an example, we use visual management and regular stand-up meetings to streamline the workflow. You have broad experience with power electronics development, and you are committed to work according a product development system with phase gates, milestones, and predefined deliverables. Design for manufacturability and continuous improvement are common sense for you.
You will be part of a vastly growing company with many opportunities for personal growth and challenging tasks.
- Specification and design of manual and automated FW tests for new products and extend the automation test framework.
- Perform advanced product test activities independently.
- Analyzing, interpret and reports on test results.
- Reporting of work in progress, issues, and bugs in the eldoLED tracker and Redmine issue tracker.
- Maintain the test ware and ensures re-usability for future regression tests.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferred relevant work experience 6 to 8 years.
- ISTQB Certified Tester.
- Experienced in test automation, experienced with software languages like Python, knowledgeable in LabVIEW and familiar with testing tools.
- Strong affinity with hardware and knowledgeable in using oscilloscopes and other electronic test lab equipment.
- Able to work in multiple projects in parallel and understands agile, waterfall.
- Strong communicator (across multiple teams).
- Pro-active, flexible (both time and process wise) attitude and a result-oriented team player that takes responsibility.
- Initiates continuous improvement of tests and processes.
How to apply for this vacancy?
Send your cover letter and resume to eldoLED@thetalentrecruiters.nl and convince us of YOUR drive.