Product manager software / tooling
eldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacture of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker, and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world. eldoLED is part of Acuity Brands Inc., a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions.
eldoLED drivers are fully programmable and are designed to connect with other peripherals (e.g. sensors and radios) to enable smart lighting solutions (e.g. lighting control, indoor positioning, asset tracking). As Product Manager for Software / Tooling, you will direct and oversee all aspects of product life cycle management for a suite of software tools for driver configurations and programming. In addition, you'll lead new software initiatives, from concept, through approval and development, to launch, that can deliver on the promise of digital lighting (e.g. in-field luminaire diagnostics, preventive maintenance, sensory networks, etc.).
Your responsibilities include:
- Understand general lighting and technology trends
- Assess the competitive landscape for existing and new product / solutions
- Gather customer feedback and/or market needs and translate into concrete product requirements
- Create business cases for new products / solutions / services
- Develop, manage, and execute the software / tooling roadmap
- Manage the sustaining product roadmap (i.e. bug/quality fixes, feature upgrades, etc.)
- Product Phase-In / Phase-Out
You'll be asked to lead and direct the work of others either directly or through influence. To be successful, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Furthermore, you must be able to build effective relationships to influence others internally and externally. In this role you'll have to rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish your goals. This includes performing a variety of tasks, some of which may not yet have well-defined processes. As needed, you may be asked to define, develop, implement and/or improve processes and associated success metrics to ensure repeatability, scalability, and accountability.
How you will contribute
- Collaborate within a global team to deliver and launch new products/solutions that continue to delight customers
- Execute a comprehensive product launch strategy (e.g. pricing, alpha/beta testing, phase-in/phase-out, etc.)
- Develop a competitive software roadmap that allows customers to deliver on the promise of digital lighting
- Prioritize, in collaboration with the product development team, stories / epics that generate the most value and align with the product roadmap / strategy
- Provide clear and sufficiently detailed product / feature specifications for the product development team
- Lead new product initiatives from concept, through development and approval, to launch
- Champion product quality, define success metrics, and continually drive improvements against those metrics
- Actively participate in an agile software development environment through, for example, Scrum meetings, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive employee engagement and accountability through communication meetings (e.g. lunch and learns, brown bag sessions), roadmap sessions with key stakeholders, and KPI reviews
- Be the product expert and evangelist, develop product content, and facilitate product training sessions
- Make decisions for difficult tradeoffs relating to product features, cost, and schedule
Qualified Applicants will have:
- 5+ years in product management, product marketing, and/or technology roles
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business required; MBA preferred
- Strong product acumen with an obsession over customer needs
- Experience leading a cross-functional team with accountability for product delivery
- Exemplary communication skills with proven ability to identify stakeholders' needs and influence decision making
- Proven experience in managing SaaS, cloud-based and/or desktop software solutions across the complete product lifecycle
- Familiarity with:
- agile software development principles
- full-stack software solutions
- development of desktop, web, and mobile applications
- software prototyping & UI wireframing
- database design (e.g. MongoDB, SQL)
- Jira, Angular, C#, and Azure DevOps
How to apply for this vacancy?
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and convince us of YOUR drive.