eldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacturer of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world.
eldoLED is part of Acuity Brands Inc. a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. With fiscal year 2018 net sales of over $3.7 billion, Acuity Brands employs approximately 12,000 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia.
As the world of lighting turns to smart lighting and IoT applications, the driver is the heart of this technology revolution in the industry. New product development, sustaining of the continuously growing product portfolio and securing the leadership position with the creation of new technology are the three main challenges the development team faces. We are looking for a Hardware Engineer that loves to work in this challenging environment.
As a company, eldoLED provides an environment where people do matter. We closely work together in problem solving and mutual learning and stimulate peer reviews. We regularly offer social events that colleagues can attend.
As member of the eldoLED sustaining team, you are responsible for bringing our LED driver portfolio to the next level. Projects in this team include: LED driver competitor analysis, LED driver cost down and performance enhancement, and LED driver manufacturing yield improvements.
Our business system is based on the lean principles. As an example, we use visual management and daily stand-up to streamline the workflow. You have broad experience with power electronics development and you are committed to working according to a product development system with phase gates, milestones and predefined deliverables. Design for manufacturability and continuous improvement are common sense for you.
You will be part of a vastly growing company with many opportunities for personal growth and challenging tasks.
- Hardware design and testing of LED driver sustaining projects;
- Execution of component engineering projects;
- Lead and or participate in Development Quality projects;
- Use the Acuity electronics Acuity Business System (ABS) process;
- Use of the eldoLED product documentation system;
- Deliver design cost reductions and feature improvements according to plan.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (HBO) in electronics;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (power electronics);
- A proven track in Electronics Manufacturing projects is a pre;
- You are a strong communicator and team player;
- You have good analysis and problem-solving skills;
- You apply good report writing skills in English;
- You are aware of the need for product design and test documentation in a standardized repository;
- You know how to position yourself in a team and you take your responsibilities;
- Experience in working in a matrix organization.
- Flyback/current source/LED driver circuits/PFC controller
- Isolated flyback transformer inductance designs
- MOSFETs/IGBT/transistors switching techniques
- General components engineering/BOM change
- Engineering change order/pre-production runs/KANBAN/mass production
- CISPR22 - EMC compliance/EMI set-ups and tests
- Cost reductions on electrical circuits
- Micro-controller circuits/optimization
- DALI/10V/DMX communication lines
- Circuit/design troubleshooting via Fishbone/DFMEA
How to apply for this vacancy?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and convince us of YOUR drive.