Front end / full stack software developer
eldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacture of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world. eldoLED is part of Acuity Brands Inc., a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions.
As the world of lighting turns to smart lighting and IoT applications, the driver is the heart of this technology revolution in the industry. New product development, sustaining of the continuously growing product portfolio and secure the leadership position with the creation of new technology are the three main challenges the development team faces. We are looking for a front end / full stack developer that loves to work in this challenging environment.
The eldoLED software team designs, implements and maintains a suite of multiplatform software tools. The (Angular / ElectronJS based) desktop tool is used to program, configure and test LED drivers and peripheral devices using several open and proprietary communication protocols. The expanding set of web-based tools serves a variety of users including lighting designers, internal R&D and production cells.
Deliverables now include:
- A web app // MongoDB, C#
- A web-based desktop app // Angular, ElectronJS
- A desktop app // C++
- Several R&D support apps
Your job is to aid the team in developing new and professionalizing existing web-based applications with the slick look and mature feel that our high-demanding lighting customers expect. You will be part of a growing SCRUM team with many and varied tasks. Team spirit is always high, even or especially when the pressure is on!
- Enrich User Experience of new and existing applications
- Be Agile minded and help the team to grow in an Agile way
- Focus on software quality by designing for testability
- Minimum of a bachelors degree (HBO) in computer science
- Minimum of 3 years of web development experience
- Solid experience with Angular (> 2.0)
- Preferably full-stack developer, with emphasis on UI/front end experience
- Preferred background in User eXperience / User Interface design principles
- Preferred experience with Typescript, SCSS
- Preferred experience with unit testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, etc